Prague, Czech Republic - Following the tradition of the last years, Pengutronix' engineers will have several talks at the Embedded Linux Conference Europe, which takes place in Prague this week.
- Sascha Hauer:
A Generic Clock Framework in the Kernel:
Why We Need It & Why We Still Don't Have It
- Wolfram Sang:
It's About Time
We are looking forward to seeing you in Prague!
Hildesheim, Germany - Pengutronix offers a free Board Support Package for the popular FriendlyARM's Mini2440. It provides all required components to get this embedded target up and running, and is dedicated for beginners in the embedded world. And for the experienced user it can act as a quick start for her/his own development as well.
- PTXdist based buildsystem for easy setup and build
- Recent GCC Toolchain (GCC 4.5.2, libc 2.13)
- Bootloader: Recent 'barebox' 2011.05.0
- Kernel: Recent 2.6.38 Linux (includes stable releases)
- Comprehensive documentation how to prepare and build all software components and to deploy the Mini2440
See the project website for more information.
Enjoy! Your Pengutronix Development Team
Hildesheim, Germany - The Linux Kernel 2.6.38 was just released by Linus Torvalds. The Pengutronix kernel team has contributed 116 patches, changing 207 files this time. Furthermore, 37 tags were given to ensure Q&A of the kernel.
Our major contributions for 2.6.38 were:
- i2c: fixes, robustness improvements, cleanup
- arm: build fixes
- rtc: fix
- imx: clock fixes
- imx: sdma dmaengine merge, improvements, firmware loading fixes, run without firmware
- mxs: fixes
- at91: can bug fixes and erratum workarounds
- mx28: fixes
- gpio: robustmess improvements, bugfixes
- mc13xxx: fixes
- mx51 ipu: clock support, iomuxer support
- mx28: merge core support
- mpc52xx: robustmess improvement, dts work
- at24: robustness improvement, more devicetree support
- imx: udc fix
- mx25: usb host fix
- kernel: function prototypes
- kernel: documentation improvements
- arm: multi SoC improvements
- imx: build system cleanups, improve compile coverage
- imx: watchdog support additions
- imx: dynamic devices
- mx25: moved to mach-imx
- flexcan: registration improvements
- imx: asoc/audio improvement
Thanks to the community for their support and those customers who were partly funding this development!