The Barebox project has released version 2014.03.0 of its bootloader:
New or updated Barebox features are:
- The i.MX25 and i.MX27 processors got support for initializing from devicetree now. For the other i.MX boards supported in Barebox, the devicetrees have been updated.
- Initial support for the MIPS Loongson architecture has been added.
- The UBIFS implementation is now able to read links.
- We can now automatically construct a console= parameter for the kernel, by reading the necessary information from the oftree.
- Several bugs have been fixed, i.e. for eMMC, SoC type detection for i.MX6, PFD clock gating, the ASIX AX88772B USB network card, NAND chip handing and SD cards on MX25.
- A new driver for the National Semiconductor DP83865 PHY has been added, and the Freescale MCIMX53-START-R is now supported and the support for Tegra20 was improved.
- The environment for the sandbox has been updated.
All in all, Barebox makes good progress. We see more and more community people working with it in the meantime.
Text and fotos are licensed under CC-BY-SA, except explicitly stated otherwise